Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BMW MOA National Rally - Great Falls, Montana - June 25 - 27, 2020

BMW MOA National Rally - Great Falls, Montana - June 25 - 27, 2020 1 month 3 weeks ago #293

• Thank you received: 6

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • This is a great opportunity for Valley Rider members to attend an MOA National Rally as it is closer than it has been for years. I have never been to a National Rally before and I'm really looking forward to it.

Adrian and I have already registered as well as about 17 others that I know of. This forum thread is a good place to find out who else is going and to maybe coordinate with others.

If you're planning to attend, let us know on here and give us a rough idea of your travel plans. Curious minds want to know. If you're looking for someone to travel with, this is a great place to get the word out. Hopefully we'll see some great participation.

I'll keep a running log of those that I know are attending on this first post so as people let us know I can add to the list. Here are the people that I am aware of. (I did some snooping on the volunteer website.)

• Brian Browning - Canoe, BC
  • Wayne Corley - Kelowna, BC
  • George Dimion - Armstrong, BC
  • John & Diane Green - Kelowna, BC
  • Normand Fortier & Denise Francouer
  • Ron Heeren - Friday Harbour, WA
  • Martin Hobbs & Joanne Nystrom - Armstrong, BC
  • Gordon Linfield - Lake Country, BC
  • Adrian Piebenga - Kelowna, BC
  • Reg Marte - Kelowna, BC
  • Tom Maxted - Kelowna, BC
  • Dan, Lisa & Sophia Mirabent - Beaverdell, BC
  • Eric Phillips - Swan Lake, BC
  • Larry Prins - Kamloops, BC
  • Bernie Schneiders - Kelowna, BC
  • Terry Ward - Kelowna, BC
  • Judy & Ron Wiebe - Kamloops, BC

• We're up to 23!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wayne Corley
    President
    Last edit: by waynecorley.

BMW MOA National Rally - Great Falls, Montana - June 25 - 27, 2020 1 month 3 weeks ago #294

• Thank you received: 1

• Awesome idea Wayne. I am planning my big ride for the year around the Rally. Solo of course, as after the Redmond Rally Kathy refuses to go to any Big rally ever again. Camping in 104F didn't go well. Not sure which route I am taking yet as the John Day Rally is the week before but I really want to see Southern Saskatchewan again. I have three weeks booked off and I do like to wander so maybe I won't route plan at all and just plan to be there Wednesday sometime.

BMW MOA National Rally - Great Falls, Montana - June 25 - 27, 2020 1 month 3 weeks ago #295

• That sounds like a great plan Brian. I'm not sure what my plan is. I need to arrive on Wednesday as well so we'll likely leave here on Sunday or Monday. After the Rally it's a bit up in the air. We (Adrian & I) plan to spend a few days in the back roads from there. I'm not sure if we'll have time to go further east (ie: the Dakotas or Wyoming) but if not we'll come back via some back roads in Idaho and Oregon. I'm retired now so holidays aren't a problem. Just have to figure out the trips that Kathi and I want to do with the trailer.

I see that you're registered to volunteer on the Oil Change and Bike Wash station on Thursday afternoon. If OK with you I might sign up for that at the same time. Sounds like a good way to meet folks.

Wayne

Wayne Corley
    President
    Last edit: by waynecorley.

BMW MOA National Rally - Great Falls, Montana - June 25 - 27, 2020 1 month 3 weeks ago #296

• That would be fun. I figured the bike wash and Oil change station was one I might actually be able to handle. Plus that leaves Friday for an exploratory ride around the area and Saturday for shopping at all the Vendors. New Farkles oooooh.
    I have time on either side of the rally so it might be nice to follow along. It's always fun to find your self lost and even better when it's not your fault. If I'm allowed of course.

BMW MOA National Rally - Great Falls, Montana - June 25 - 27, 2020 1 month 3 weeks ago #297

• OK, I'm all signed up for the Bike Wash and Oil Change station with you on Thursday afternoon. Surely I can't screw that up too badly.
    We'll keep you posted on our plans for travel. You would be more than welcome to join us as far as I'm concerned. I just think about how much beer you could carry in that sidecar of yours.

Wayne Corley
    President

BMW MOA National Rally - Great Falls, Montana - June 25 - 27, 2020 1 month 3 weeks ago #301

• I'll be using the new bike to go to the rally, Farkles you know. But don't worry it has big panniers which can carry a lot of Beer. :-)
    The following user(s) said Thank You: GDimion

Time to create page: 0.969 seconds